Wednesday, January 7, 2009

what I do for a living

I could not begin to share all my work, but I thought to get this started, I would share what I consider to be my signature piece of work. A Milwaukee Road Bicentennial engine. Road Number 156.
This started life as an original run Kato SD40-2, N scale. This is the only real place to start with this particular locomotive as details on the more recent model are incorrect.
This is a full detail project where everything possible in N scale has been corrected to accurately reflect the original prototype. Other than many small detail items, the largest and quite noticeable change is the reduced capacity fuel tank which was to anyone who know, a trademark of all Milwaukee Road SD40-02 engines and many others too.
More of my handiwork can be viewed on my personal web page which is
http://www.milwaukeeroadtrainshop.com I also post on Trainboard.com as kingj63. The latter is a fun web page worth signing up and exploring as much as you have time for.

1 comment: